Details for the 2018-19 Scholarship
Applications must be emailed/postmarked by November 26, 2018 (the Monday after Thanksgiving)
For complete details, choose your preferred format and click on the following links…
NEWLY POSTED INFO – 10/04/18
Essay Background Information:
The theme for the 2019 Show-Me SWCS Scholarship is “United We Conserve”.
Through your essay, we want you to explore the benefits, and potential drawbacks, of partnerships in the field of conservation.
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much” – Helen Keller
Please select an example of a partnership related to natural resources conservation. Tell about the goals of the partnership. Talk about the partner members, what needs they have, and what they have to offer the other partners. Address the scale of partnership (global, regional, local, etc.), and the sectors from which the partners come, such as governments, individuals, academic institutions, indigenous communities, not-for-profit organizations, and others. Discuss the intensity of cooperation, and life-span, of the partnership. Include potential drawbacks of being in a partnership, and suggest at least one additional partner who might be beneficial to the group, and what they have to offer. We encourage you to examine a partnership of your own choosing, or one listed below.
- Omaha Zoo and DiVentures partnership for Ocean Health Conservation
- National Fish Habitat Partnership
- A2 Climate Partnership in Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Oregon Conservation Partnership
- Blue 365 initiative with Microsoft and the National FFA organization
- National Fish and Wildlife Foundation Conservation Partners Program
- Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
- African Wildlife Foundation and Beijing Zoo partnership
- Hawaii Fish Habitat Partnership
- Food and Agriculture Organization’s Global Soil Partnership
- Tennessee Natural Areas Bladderpod Conservation Project
- Sonoran Pronghorn Recovery project in Arizona
- Whitetails Unlimited and Realtree Partners in Conservation agreement
- Energy and Climate Partnership of the Americas
- ThinkBIG program with Caterpilar and Illinois Central College
Scholarship applications must include a 3 to 5-page essay (please include sources).
Applications should be sent to
7005 SE Ketchem Rd
Cameron, MO 64429
Applications must be emailed or postmarked by November 26, 2018 (Monday after Thanksgiving). Email is preferred.